Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pandora's Box Myth Final Pic

This picture is of my little sister, Emma, and she was wearing this beautiful dress. In the myth of Pandora's Box, or really a jar, according to the primary myth, all of the evils escape from the box when the human, Pandora, opens the box/jar, with the exception of one. The only evil left was hopelessness, showing that even though life can get tough, it's still possible to have hope. I burned the background, witch was my garage, and I used one of Gavin's tricks of adding a light beam. The lighting was good in the original picture, but now I really like the lighting in the final image, because it shows that beam of light, portraying that hope that humans can have. I purposely did not make the girl dark because I wanted to show that just because Pandora did something evil does not mean that we should be able to assume that Pandora is dark and evil for the thing that she did. In the darkness on the right, I translated some of the evils, which came out of the box, into Greek and changed the opacity so it wouldn't be so visible. Also, in the mist at the girl's feet are different words like Pandora, hope (the opposite of the only evil left inside the box) and Anesidora (some say this was her other name) in this Greekish looking font, and changed the opacity levels on those words. The mist at the girl's feet was blurred with a motion blur. I really love how this turned out, and all the work that I took time to do payed in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment